I have a huge sweet tooth so I’m always experimenting with new recipes. I found a GF pound cake recipe online and decided to alter it a bit to fit all of my dietary restrictions. And the blackberry sauce just came to me and it was DELICIOUS! I figured I’d share the love!
Grain and Dairy Free Pound Cake with Bourbon Blackberry Sauce
For the Cake:
1/2 cup vegan butter substitute (I used Earths Best)
1/2 cup vegan cream cheese substitute
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
For the Sauce:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Bourbon
1 cup frozen blackberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 Deg F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. Beat butter substitute, cream cheese substitute and sugar in a large bowl until well blended.
3. Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
4. Combine almond flour, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl. gradually add to egg mixture while beating on medium speed.
5. Pour into prepared pan and bake 45 – 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
6. For sauce, combine to berries, sugar and bourbon in a saucepan. Bring to boil then reduce to simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes. Serve on top of the pound cake.