It’s been a while since I posted a recipe, and this is a good one. I LOVE cheesecake, but chicken little still doesn’t like it when I eat cheese. Hopefully he will outgrow that… So I needed to figure out how to remedy my cravings without having a cranky babe. And this is what I came up with 🙂
Gluten Free Vegan Cheesecake Bites
For the Crust:
1 Package Gluten Free Cinnamon Cookies
1/4 Cup Melted Butter Substitute (I used Earth Balance)
For the Filling:
1 1/2 tsp dry Egg Replacer plus 2 tbsp water (Or one Egg if you only need Dairy Free)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Almond Milk
4 oz. Cream Cheese Substitute
4 oz. Almond yogurt
1. Heat Oven to 350°F. Grease 2 Mini Muffin Tins or use mini muffin cups.
2. Put the cookies in a food processor with blade attachment. Pulse until they are fine crumbs. Add the melted butter substitute. The mixture should resemble wet sand.
3. Place a small spoonful of the crust mixture into each of the mini muffin tins and press down.
4. For the filling – Mix the milk, sugar, vanilla and egg replacer and water in a medium bowl until combined. Add the cream cheese substitute and yogurt and mix until combined. pour the filling mixture over the crust in the muffin tins.
5. Bake for 30 mins at 350°F. Cool to room temperature then refrigerate for at least one hour. Serve with sliced strawberries or my Blackberry Bourbon Sauce for a poppable dessert.