It’s that time of year and unfortunately the germs have found our home. My baby woke this morning with a runny nose, cough and mild fever. A quick Google search would have any mother panicked and reaching for the Tylenol and bleach. Instead I took a deep breath and remembered these symptoms were his body’s way of releasing toxins. That doesn’t mean I have to sit idly while my baby works through his cold. I’ve compiled this list of steps to shorten his cold and prevent the rest of us from catching it:
1. Chiropractic Care – This morning I took the whole family to get a chiropractic adjustment. Its a fabulous way to boost the immune system.
2. Essential Oils – Adding a few drops of eucalyptus, tea tree, lavender and chamomile oils to a lukewarm bath relaxes muscles and breaks up congestion. These oils in an aroma lamp also do wonders for nasal congestion. Sanitize surfaces like door knobs by putting a few drops of tea tree oil or lavender oil in a spritzer bottle of water and spray away.
3. Hydrogen Peroxide – Disinfect surfaces with H2O2. It is as effective as bleach without the harmful effects.
4. Emergen-C – It is liquid gold. One packet per day for the kiddos and 2 a day for me and Hippie Daddy to boost immunity.
5. REST- The cure to any illness is adequate rest. For chicken little that means a lot of nursing and holding so he can nap. Thank goodness for baby wearing!
With these steps anyone would be on their way to recovery. What other natural ways do you fight colds?