These muffins pack a punch nutritionally. They’re loaded with Vitamin C, Fiber and have no added fats. They’re also gluten, sugar and dairy free. But here’s the kicker….
I stumbled across this recipe, where else, on facebook and I had to make it my own. They were a breeze to whip up and the kiddos are wolfing them down. I know you’re going to love them 🙂
Super Muffins (Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 25 Minutes)
1 1/2 cups mashed banana
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tbsp vanilla
2 cups and 2 tbsp separated gf baking mix (contains baking soda and baking powder)
1 cup oats
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cupcake pan or use baking cups.
- Mix bananas, applesauce, zucchini, egg and vanilla in a bowl until combined.
- In a separate bowl combine the oats, spices and 2 cups baking mix.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Dust the blueberries with the reserved baking mix then fold into batter.
- Scoop batter into the cupcake pans and bake for 20-25 minutes until set in the middle. Makes 12 large or 18 medium muffins.
It’s been a long time since I’ve done a new post. So why not jump back in with a favorite; a new recipe!
Looking for a way to use up all of your summer produce? We have been getting a ton of zucchini from our garden and this is by far my favorite way to prepare it. I basically followed this recipe which popped into my facebook newsfeed but made a few changes. First I used Pamela’s Baking Mix to make it gluten free, just sub out the flour, baking soda and baking powder for 3 cups of the mix. Second I added a tbsp of cinnamon just for a little somthin’ somethin’. And lastly of course I made cupcakes instead of a layer cake 🙂 Hope you enjoy!
It’s been a while since I posted a recipe, and this is a good one. I LOVE cheesecake, but chicken little still doesn’t like it when I eat cheese. Hopefully he will outgrow that… So I needed to figure out how to remedy my cravings without having a cranky babe. And this is what I came up with 🙂
Gluten Free Vegan Cheesecake Bites
For the Crust:
1 Package Gluten Free Cinnamon Cookies
1/4 Cup Melted Butter Substitute (I used Earth Balance)
For the Filling:
1 1/2 tsp dry Egg Replacer plus 2 tbsp water (Or one Egg if you only need Dairy Free)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup Almond Milk
4 oz. Cream Cheese Substitute
4 oz. Almond yogurt
1. Heat Oven to 350°F. Grease 2 Mini Muffin Tins or use mini muffin cups.
2. Put the cookies in a food processor with blade attachment. Pulse until they are fine crumbs. Add the melted butter substitute. The mixture should resemble wet sand.
3. Place a small spoonful of the crust mixture into each of the mini muffin tins and press down.
4. For the filling – Mix the milk, sugar, vanilla and egg replacer and water in a medium bowl until combined. Add the cream cheese substitute and yogurt and mix until combined. pour the filling mixture over the crust in the muffin tins.
5. Bake for 30 mins at 350°F. Cool to room temperature then refrigerate for at least one hour. Serve with sliced strawberries or my Blackberry Bourbon Sauce for a poppable dessert.